Thursday, August 14, 2008

Day 7 - a costly minute

Yesterday, I taggged the Berlin airspace and as a result was scored as a landout at that point - 10 km into the task!  I was trying to re-boot my PDA and wasn't paying enough attention to navigation.  This was a very costly minute as it dropped me from 18th on the day to last and also dropped my overall position from 23 to 38.
 
Despite this I had a reasonable flight yesterday and as you can see from the picture the conditions were pretty good.  The wind was blowing again at 25-30 kts, but some nice cloud streets formed.  On the one leg into the wind I managed 102 km/hr with an L/D of 93 flying along a cloudstreet.  The last leg was across the cloudstreets, but still with a headwind component and it was quite difficult as we had to jump from street to street.


Dave

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave:

What a pity about your penalty! Still, you made a very good flight and should be happy about that. I hope the last 2 days turn out really well for you.

Ulli