Saturday, August 9, 2008

Day 5

Today was another good soaring day in Lusse.  The forecast called for the clouds to spread out and cause the lift to cycle - which it did, but the best lift was in the 6 kt range today and I hit 6000 ft once.
 
The preliminary scores show me at 17th on the day with a speed of 107 compared to the winner at 116.  I thought I had a good start with a cloud street lined up to the first turn, but then I ran into a hole at the second turn and that slowed me down.  The guys who started 15 minutes later didn't have the hole as the good clouds drifted into the turn with them.  But it could have turned out the other way too.
 
All in all, i am happy with the flight, but of course would rather have been faster!


Dave

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good flight, Dave.
Consistent flying like that move you up quite a lot over time.
Keep it up!

Ulli